Kentucky General Practice Attorney Providing Effective Legal Services
Skilled attorney from a long tradition of quality legal representation
The Hays Law Office, Austin Hite Hays, PLLC in Shelbyville, Kentucky serves individuals and businesses in Shelbyville and serving Shelbyville, Shelby County, Louisville and the surrounding areas. Our firm began in 1933 when William H. Hays Sr. began practicing law in Shelbyville. Mr. Hays Sr. told his story about deciding to attend law school when an admissions counselor at the University of Kentucky informed him that, for just $5.00 more, he could continue beyond his undergraduate studies and attend law school. Given that Mr. Hays Sr. would be entering the workforce at one of our country's worst economical times, the Great Depression, and that he had an extra $5.00 in his pocket that day, Mr. Hays Sr. decided to attend law school, and the rest is history. Mr. Hays Sr.’s sons, William H. Hays Jr. and James Hite Hays, joined the family firm in 1970 and 1971, respectively, after graduating from the University of Kentucky School of Law and serving our country in the U.S. National Guard. In 2007, Austin Hite Hays, son of James Hite Hays, joined the family firm after he graduated from Ohio Northern School of Law. Informed by tradition, we are attentive and work to understand and address your individual legal needs. We evaluate your particular legal situation to determine the best course of action and work diligently to execute strategies with success. For a free initial consultation to find out how we can help you, call us today.
Personalized attention and responsive approach to your legal needs
Diverse practice representing clients in various general practice areas
- Personalized attention — We recognize that legal problems can be highly stressful. We listen carefully to the details of your case to determine the best course of action toward resolution. We devote personalized attention to every client to help ensure that our clients achieve their goals.
- Responsiveness — We offer responsive service to ensure that your legal concerns are addressed in a timely and efficient manner. We keep an open line of communication and are available when you need us.
- Accomplishment — Austin Hite Hays is an accomplished attorney. He is formerly the president of the University of Kentucky Alumni Association and is currently the Assistant Commonwealth Attorney for criminal prosecution (since 2011) and the president of the Shelbyville Kiwanis Club, as well as participating in the Metro United Way, Boy Scouts and Shelby Community Charities. He applies his skill and ability in the best interests of each client.
The Hays Law Office, Austin Hite Hays, PLLC represents individuals and businesses in a variety of general practice areas, including:
- Real estate — We apply our knowledge about property rights, real estate issues, finance and business to help clients in real estate matters such as residential and commercial transactions, landlord–tenant law and zoning, land-use and building permits.
- Business law — Our business law practice helps clients in matters such as business formation and advice, commercial and civil litigation, due diligence, financial investment counseling, contract review and development, and buy and sell agreements.
- Estate planning — Our estate planning practice helps clients in all matters of estate planning, including estate tax issues, choosing an executor, guardianships, wills and trusts.